The LIFE programme is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action. The general objective of LIFE is to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of EU environmental and climate policy and legislation by co-financing projects with European added value.
Possibilities within LIFE
Upon successful applications companies can get:
- €1-5 M supporting pilot and demonstration projects under the scope ”Traditional Projects”
- Up to 60% funding to cover the total project costs
LIFE provides funding for private companies, public bodies as well as non-profit organisations. The programme has an overall budget of €3.4 bn in 2014-2020. The calls under LIFE is targeted the six themes under LIFE’s two sub-programmes:
Sub-programme for Environment
- LIFE Nature & Biodiversity
- LIFE Environment & Resource Efficiency
- LIFE Environmental Governance & Information
Sub-programme for Climate Action
- LIFE Climate Change Mitigation
- LIFE Climate Change Adaptation
- LIFE Climate Governance and Information
Requirements within LIFE
LIFE is an environmental programme and has no commercial focus. To be eligeble for funding under LIFE, projects must meet the following criteria:
- A projects is evaluated against its expected impact regarding environment, climate change, society as well as growth and employment
- Applicants may apply alone or with partners in a consortium
- Cross-national projects are no requirements. However, cross-national projects, which contribute through the collaboration are encourage and will benefit in the evaluation process
- All projects must have a European dimension
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from LIFE?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within LIFE
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: