Eurostars is a European programme targeted small and medium-sized R&D companies. Eurostars has a yearly budget of app. EUR 55M for co-financing the development of new products and technologies. Eurostars is run by EUREKA - a publicly-funded, intergovernmental network, involving over 40 countries. The purpose of Eurostars is to strengthen European competitiveness, create new jobs, and strengthen the competitiveness of high-tech SMEs.
Possibilities with Eurostars
Eurostars provides co-financing for R&D activities. Even though the Eurostars programme aims at supporting SMEs, other entities (such as large company, universities and research institutes) are able to participate. However, for each country national rules apply, and some countries only provide funding for SMEs.
Upon successful application, partners will receive:
- A consortium total of EUR 0.5-1.5M for technology and product development
- SME funding rates of typically 50-60%
Requirements for Eurostars
Eurostars supports R&D projects with a high degree of technological challenge, and awards projects with strong partnerships. There are five primary requirements for a project to be eligible for support from Eurostars:
- The consortia must consist of a minimum of two partners from two EUREKA countries
- The consortia must be led be an R&D-performing SME
- A minimum of 50% of the budget must be allocated to the R&D-performing SME(s)
- The product/technology must be novel and innovative
- The project must result in significant growth in terms of turnover and employment within the participating SME(s)
Below are the upcoming deadlines for Eurostars. Expect 1-2 months for the proposal writing process.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Eurostars?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within Eurostars
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: