About Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy has a strong focus on how to keep the EU in the lead of developing and marketing new technologies in the field of foodstuffs and biotech, combined with the development of new solutions that are responding to needs from industries and society. With a successful application to the program, companies can get:
- 1-5 MEUR for technology and product development
- IPR – Intellectual Property Rights
- Network to partners
- Access to new markets
- Technology and knowledge transfer
Possibilities with Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
The Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy program delivers opportunities for both SME’s and large companies to cofinance their development of new technologies and the use of existing technologies in new a context. Therefore the program is also interesting for more conventional production companies and not only companies in advanced technology. The most important is that the company is facing a technology challenge or is having an idea to solve a technical problem. Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy is both cofinancing research, development and demonstration activities.
Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy calls will be offered to projects within the following categories (see current calls below):
- Food security: Future proteins, novel food processing, sustainable food chains, small farms and global markets etc.
- Sustainable agriculture and forestry: Sustainable production (e.g. livestock, crops, soil), genetic resources, agricultural diversity, eco-innovation etc.
- Marine, maritime, and inland waters:
- Sustainable marine exploitation: Atlantic marine ecosystem preservation, novel biomolecules, industrial biomaterials, marine-derived enzymes etc.
- Offshore challenges: Sub-sea technology, marine pollution and oilspill measures etc.
- Ocean observation technologies: Atlantic Ocean observation, acoustic and imaging technologies etc.
- Innovative and sustainable bioeconomy: Rural growth, renewable oil crops and bio-based products, CO2 to chemicals, innovation of biobased products, etc.
Requirements for Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
There are a number of requirements that need to be met to be considered for Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy:
- Innovation height – the product or technology needs to be novel and solve an European problem
- Large market potential or great socio-economic impact – minimum 100 MEUR over 5 years
- The project requires international cooperation
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: