About Horizon 2020 Health
With support from Horizon 2020 you will be able to conduct international research projects in support of EU policies for health. With a successful application of the program, companies will receive:
- 1-5M EUR for technology and product development
- IPR - Intellectual Property Rights
- A network of partners for development
- Access to new markets
- Technology and knowledge transfer
The purpose of Horizon 2020 Health is to increase European competitiveness and create new jobs.
Possibilities with Horizon 2020 Health
Horizon 2020 Health offers opportunities for SMEs as well as large companies, regardless of industry and technological level. It offers interesting possibilities for traditional production companies as well as high-tech companies; the key factor is that the company is facing a technological challenge or has a project idea for the solution of a technological/societal challenge. With Horizon 2020 Health, the company can receive co-financing from the EU for project research and development.
The Horizon 2020 Health calls is offered to projects within the following categories (see current calls below):
- Health promotion and prevention: Pathogen identification, vaccine development etc.
- Diagnosis improvement: Medical imaging, biomarkers etc.
- Innovative treatments and technologies: New and advanced therapies, regenerative medicine, elderly care, and paediatrics
- Active and healthy aging: Robotics, early risk detection, etc.
- Citizen-centred care: Prevention, ICT systems, self-management, computer modelling etc.
- Improving health information: Digital representation, bioinformatics, etc.
Requirements for Horizon 2020 Health
There are three primary requirements for a project to be eligible for support from Horizon 2020 Health:
- Height of Innovation - the project/technology must be novel and solve a European health issue.
- Large market potential or socioeconomic impact - min. 100M EUR over 5 years.
- The project demands three partners from three EU countries.
Below are the upcoming deadlines for Horizon 2020 Health. Expect 1-2 months for the proposal writing process.
Proposals will develop innovative in-silico trials for designing, developing and assessing drugs, radiation and other biomedical and bioactive products.
Proposals should aim at the development of new integrative dynamic computer- models and simulation systems of acceptable validity, with the potential to being reused, build on open service platforms and with application in well-being, health and disease.
Today many rare diseases still lack means of molecular diagnosis. The aim of this research should be to apply genomics and/or other –omics and/or other high-throughput approaches for the molecular characterisation of rare diseases in view of developing molecular diagnoses for a large number of undiagnosed rare diseases.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Horizon 2020 Health?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within Horizon 2020 Health
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: