About Horizon 2020 SME Instrument - Mobile E-Government
The Horizon 2020 Dedicated SME Instrument directly supports European small and medium-sized enterprises with a strong desire to develop, grow, and internationalize their most innovative ideas. The instrument is relevant for high-tech and research driven companies as well as service companies, and SMEs applying in a consortium or alone. With a successful application to the program, companies will receive:
- Phase 1: A lump sum of EUR 50,000 towards proof-of-concept and feasibility studies
- Phase 2: EUR 0.5-2.5M towards innovation development and demonstration activities
- Support of up to 70% of total project cost
Possibilities with Horizon 2020 SME - Mobile E-government
Horizon 2020 SME - Mobile e-government offers funding opportunities for SMEs that works with innovative mobile e-government applications to foster the delivery of mobile public services. Support is given to the development of innovative ideas to market ready products, processes or services. The program has an overall budget of EUR 3BN which will be distributed to innovative projects in two separate phases.
Phase 1 funding is aimed at exploring and assessing the technical feasibility and commercial potential of breakthrough innovation.
- Activities include risk assessment, market study, user involvement, Intellectual Property (IP) management, innovation strategy development, partner search, feasibility of concept etc.
Phase 2 funding is aimed at innovation projects supported by a sound and strategic business plan (potentially made possible by phase 1 funding) aimed at commercialisation.
- Activities include prototyping, miniaturisation, scaling-up, design, performance verification, testing, demonstration, development of pilot lines, market replication, etc.
Requirements for Horizon 2020 SME - Mobile E-government
There are three primary requirements for a project to be eligible for support from Horizon 2020 SME:
- Projects need at least one participating SME to apply (An SME has fewer than 250 employees and an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50M, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43M). SMEs may apply alone.
- No parallel submission or implementation (phase 1 and phase 2) is possible.
- Phase 2 proposals must be based on an elaborate business plan, with particular attention given to IP protection and ownership as well as commercial exploitation.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Horizon 2020 SME Instrument?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within Horizon 2020 SME Instrument - Mobile E-Government
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: