About Horizon 2020 Transportation
With support from Horizon 2020 you will be able to conduct international research projects in support of EU policies for transportation. With a successful application of the program, companies will receive:
- 1-5M EUR for technology and product development
- IPR - Intellectual Property Rights
- A network of partners for development
- Access to new markets
- Technology and knowledge transfer
The purpose of Horizon 2020 Transportation is to increase European competitiveness and create new jobs.
Possibilities with Horizon 2020 Transportation
Horizon 2020 Transportation offers opportunities for SMEs as well as large companies, regardless of industry and technological level. It offers interesting possibilities for traditional production companies in addition to high-tech companies; the key factor is that the company is facing a technological challenge or has a project idea for the solution of a technological/societal challenge. With Horizon 2020 Transportation, the company can receive co-financing from the EU for project research and development, as well as demonstration.
Horizon 2020 Transportation calls will be offered to projects within the following categories (see current calls below):
- Green vehicles: Next generation lithium ion batteries, optimizing energy management, hybrids, natural gas powertrains, new light vehicle concepts, etc.
- Urban mobility: Road congestion, clean transport, impact reduction of freight etc.
- Logistics: Supply chain synergies and innovation
- Intelligent transportation systems: Intelligent and seamless mobility etc.
- Infrastructure: Next generation, Smart design and construction, resource efficiency and safety etc.
- Road: Advanced bus systems, traffic safety, automation etc.
- Water: Energy efficient vessels, innovation in inland waterways transport etc.
- Aviation: Safety, resource efficiency, etc.
- Rail: E.g. intelligent infrastructure.
Requirements for Horizon 2020 Transportation
There are three primary requirements for a project to be eligible for support from Horizon 2020 Transportation:
- Height of Innovation - the project/technology must be novel and solve a European transportation problem.
- Large market potential or socioeconomic impact - min. 100M EUR over 5 years.
- The project demands three partners from three countries.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Horizon 2020 Transportation?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within Horizon 2020 Transportation
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: