The LIFE programme is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action. The general objective of LIFE is to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of EU environmental and climate policy and legislation by co-financing projects with European added value.
Possibilities within LIFE
Upon successful applications companies can get:
- €1-5 M supporting pilot and demonstration projects under the scope ”Traditional Projects”
- Up to 60% funding to cover the total project costs
LIFE provides funding for private companies, public bodies as well as non-profit organisations. The programme has an overall budget of €3.4 bn in 2014-2020. The calls under LIFE is targeted the six themes under LIFE’s two sub-programmes:
In this year's call the Commission is particularly interested in close-to-market projects, i.e.projects that propose a new solution with clear environmental and/or climate benefits and which have alevel of technical and business readiness allowing them to implement their solution in close-to-marketconditions.
Sub-programme for Environment
- LIFE Nature & Biodiversity
- LIFE Environment & Resource Efficiency
- LIFE Environmental Governance & Information
Sub-programme for Climate Action
- LIFE Climate Change Mitigation
- LIFE Climate Change Adaptation
- LIFE Climate Governance and Information
Requirements within LIFE
LIFE is an environmental programme and has no commercial focus. To be eligeble for funding under LIFE, projects must meet the following criteria:
- A projects is evaluated against its expected impact regarding environment, climate change, society as well as growth and employment
- Applicants may apply alone or with partners in a consortium
- Cross-national projects are no requirements. However, cross-national projects, which contribute through the collaboration are encourage and will benefit in the evaluation process
- All projects must have a European dimension
Below are the upcoming deadlines for LIFE. Expect 1-2 months for the proposal writing process.
This call text covers the three stands within Climate Action: Climate Change Mitigation, Climate Change Adaptation and Climate Governance and Information. LIFE Climate Action aims specifically to fulfil the following general objectives:
- To contribute to the shift towards a resource-efficient, low- carbon and climate-resilient economy;
- To improve the development, implementation and enforcement of Union climate policy and legislation;
- To act as a catalyst for, and promote, the integration and mainstreaming of climate objectives into other Union policies and public and private sector practice;
- To support better climate governance at all levels, including better involvement of civil society, NGOs and local actors.
'Traditional projects' may be best-practice, demonstration, pilot or information, awareness and dissemination projects. Deadline is indicative.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from LIFE?
Let us contact you to discuss your possibilities within LIFE
Can your project get funding?
We can tell you if your project is suited for public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project we can help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: