About Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program (EUDP)
In 2021, 250 million DKK has been allocated for co-financing the development and demonstration of new efficient energy technologies. In order to strengthen technological development within the capture, storage or use of CO2 and Power-to-X, approximately 100 million DKK have been earmarked for these technology areas. EUDP's purpose is to support the energy policy objectives such as security of supply, consideration for the global climate and a cleaner environment, as well as cost-effectiveness in order to contribute to Denmark's independence from fossil fuels.
Opportunities with EUDP
There are opportunities for both small and large companies within the program, as long as you are associated with the energy sector or want to enter it. The crucial thing is that the company / consortium has a project with a focus on solving an energy technology problem. Through EUDP, companies can get co-financing for:
- Projects involving the development and / or demonstration of new efficient energy technologies
- Research projects that directly prepare or support demonstration
- Development of public / private partnerships on new energy technologies
Requirements for support from EUDP
EUDP supports experimental testing of a technology, system or method under realistic conditions ready for market introduction.
- The purpose of the project must be clearly described, including the technological maturity, which must be at TRL 6-8.
- The green and economic bottom line of the project must be quantified with their expected contribution to the impact targets.
- Incentive effect: EUDP determines the grant percentage for the project on the basis of a probability that the project will not be completed in the same form without a contribution from EUDP. The higher the incentive effect - the higher the subsidy percentage.
There is no fixed upper limit for the size of the appropriations. EUDP refers to EU state aid rules and the Block Exemption Regulation. All applications must be written in Danish.
Below are the upcoming deadlines for Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program (EUDP). Expect 1-2 months for the proposal writing process.
EUDP provides support for projects carried out by technology partnerships for development and demonstration projects, as well as for specific business-oriented research.
Technology areas include:
- General grant: Energy technologies that support the energy policy objectives of e.g. security of supply, consideration of the global climate and a cleaner environment, and cost-effectiveness.
- Power-to-X grant: Special grant focusing on the development and demonstration of technologies in the field of capture, storage or use of CO2 and Power-to-X.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program (EUDP)?
TechFunding can help you determine if funding from Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program (EUDP) is the right way to go. Contact us to discuss your possibilities.
Can your project get funding?
We are specialised in helping companies win public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project and we will help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: