About EUDP - Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program
The Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program (EUDP) co-finances the development and demonstration of new solutions within energy technology. This is to support Denmark's energy and climate policy objectives of a 70% reduction in CO2 equivalent emissions by 2030 and climate neutrality in 2050. The fund has dedicated 204M DKK for projects in 2022.
Opportunities with EUDP
EUDP can support private or public companies, universities, GTS institutes, as well as interdisciplinary consortia between these. EUDP has described 7 project types that they support:
- Development and demonstration projects including research
- Preliminary studies
- International participation and cooperation in the IEA
- International cooperation under Mission Innovation
- EU Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan)
- Technology Partnerships
- Dissemination projects
The fund does not set a limit to the amount you can apply for but refers to the EU state aid rules and the group exemption regulation, which sets a maximum amount for public aid for experimental development to €15M per year. EUDP co-finances between 60% and 90% of the project budget depending on the type of organization that is supported and the type of project that is supported.
Requirements for EUDP
To support Denmark's energy and climate policy objectives, EUDP has identified 8 focus areas that they want to support until 2030:
- More green electricity - and for more purposes
- Energy efficiency
- Passenger transport and light goods transport
- Heavy transport and Power-to-X on a large scale
- Heat and heat storage
- Green process energy
- Flexible use, network expansion and digitization
- CO2 capture, storage and utilization
In addition, the fund has several criteria, which they emphasize that an application must explain and / or the projects have a clear effect on:
- The purpose of the project
- The market
- The green and commercial effects of the project
- Incentive effect
- Project schedule, structure and feasibility
- Budget and financing
- Research content
However, the EUDP emphasizes that they can also co-finance projects that fall outside the focus areas, provided that the project meets the general requirements and is technologically and commercially anchored in the Danish business community.
Below are the upcoming deadlines for EUDP. Expect 1-2 months for the proposal writing process.
EUDP provides support for energy technological development and demonstration projects, as well as for particularly business-oriented research. Both narrow, technology-specific consortia and broad collaborations across the value chain are eligible to apply for the call.
EUDP has a special focus on projects in the following areas:
- • More green electricity - and for more purposes
- • Energy efficiency
- • Passenger transport and light goods transport
- • Heavy transport and Power-to-X on a large scale
- • Heat and heat storage
- • Green process energy
- • Flexible use, network expansion and digitization
- • CO2 capture, storage and utilization
Read more in the EUDP call text below and in EUDP's Strategy 2020-2030.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from EUDP?
TechFunding can help you determine if funding from EUDP - Energy Technology Development and Demonstration Program is the right way to go. Contact us to discuss your possibilities.
Can your project get funding?
We are specialised in helping companies win public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project and we will help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: