Eurostars is a European programme targeting small and medium-sized R&D companies. Eurostars is run by EUREKA, an intergovernmental network, and involves 37 countries. The purpose of Eurostars is to strengthen European competitiveness, create new jobs, and support innovative SMEs and project partners (large companies, universities and research organisations).
Possibilities with Eurostars
Eurostars provides co-financing for R&D activities and prioritises projects with explicit support of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 17). The Eurostars programme aims at supporting all types of project partners, as well as the option to participate without receiving funding. For each country national rules apply, e.g. some countries only provide funding for SMEs.
Upon successful application, partners will receive:
- A consortium total of EUR 0.5-1.5M for technology and product development
- SME funding rates of typically 50-60%
Requirements for Eurostars
Eurostars supports R&D projects with a high degree of technological challenge, and awards projects with strong partnerships. There are seven primary requirements for a project to be eligible for support from Eurostars:
- The consortium must be led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- The consortium must be composed by at least two entities that are independent of one another
- The consortium must be composed of at least two Eurostars countries, with at least one organisation coming from an EU or Horizon Europe Associated Country.
- The budget of the SMEs from a Eurostars country is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the budget of the project.
- The project duration is no longer than 36 months.
- The project has an exclusive focus on civil applications.
In addition, consortium partners are subject to national eligibility criteria for their country of origin. E.g. Danish consortium partners must present a gross profit of DKK 250,000 in the latest financial year OR external capital investment of minimum DKK 100,000 within the past three years.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Eurostars?
TechFunding can help you determine if funding from Eurostars is the right way to go. Contact us to discuss your possibilities.
Can your project get funding?
We are specialised in helping companies win public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project and we will help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: