About Horizon 2020 Energy
With support from Horizon 2020 you will be able to conduct international research projects in support of EU policies for energy. With a successful application to the program, companies will receive:
- 1-5M EUR for technology and product development
- IPR - Intellectual Property Rights
- A network of partners
- Access to new markets
- Technology and knowledge transfer
The purpose of Horizon 2020 Energy is to increase European competitiveness and create new jobs.
Possibilities with Horizon 2020 Energy
Horizon 2020 Energy offers opportunities for SMEs as well as large companies, regardless of industry and technological level. It offers interesting possibilities for traditional production companies as well as high-tech companies; the key factor is that the company is facing a technological challenge or has a project idea for the solution of a technological/societal challenge. With Horizon 2020 Energy, the company can receive co-financing from the EU for project research and development.
The overall theme in Horizon 2020 Energy calls is ‘Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy’. This includes topics such as:
- Global leadership in renewables
- Smart and clean energy for consumers
- Smart citizen-centred energy system
- Smart Cities and Communities
- Enabling near-zero CO2 emissions from fossil fuel power plants and carbon intensive industries
In the cross-section between energy and ICT, the focus of ‘Transforming the Energy Sector Through Digitisation’ is central.
Requirements for Horizon 2020 Energy
There are three primary requirements for a project to be eligible for support from Horizon 2020 Energy:
- Height of Innovation - the project/technology must be novel and solve a European energy problem.
- Large market potential or socioeconomic impact - min. 100M EUR over 5 years.
- The project demands three partners from three countries.
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Horizon 2020 Energy?
TechFunding can help you determine if funding from Horizon 2020 Energy is the right way to go. Contact us to discuss your possibilities.
Can your project get funding?
We are specialised in helping companies win public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project and we will help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process: