About Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy has a strong focus on how to keep the EU in the lead of developing and marketing new technologies in the field of foodstuffs and biotech, combined with the development of new solutions that are responding to needs from industries and society. With a successful application to the program, companies can get:
- 1-5 MEUR for technology and product development
- IPR – Intellectual Property Rights
- Network to partners
- Access to new markets
- Technology and knowledge transfer
Possibilities with Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
The Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy program delivers opportunities for both SME’s and large companies to cofinance their development of new technologies and the use of existing technologies in new a context. Therefore the program is also interesting for more conventional production companies and not only companies in advanced technology. The most important is that the company is facing a technology challenge or is having an idea to solve a technical problem. Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy is both cofinancing research, development and demonstration activities.
Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy calls will be offered to projects within the following categories (see current calls below):
- Sustainable Food Security: From functional ecosystems to healthy food, environment and climate-smart food production and consumption, building capacities
- Rural Renaissance: From farm to society: understanding dynamics and modernising policies, organising sustainable food and non-food value chains under changing conditions, taking advantage of the digital revolution, boosting innovation and enhancing the human and social capital in rural areas
- Blue Growth: Sustainable resources, sustainable European aquaculture, and bio-based plastics
Requirements for Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy
There are a number of requirements that need to be met to be considered for Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy:
- Innovation height – the product or technology needs to be novel and solve an European problem
- Large market potential or great socio-economic impact – minimum 100 MEUR over 5 years
- The project requires international cooperation
Sign up for our news service and recieive a notification when the next deadline is published.Sign up
Can your project get funding from Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy?
TechFunding can help you determine if funding from Horizon 2020 Foodstuffs and Bioeconomy is the right way to go. Contact us to discuss your possibilities.
Can your project get funding?
We are specialised in helping companies win public funding. Tell us a little bit about your project and we will help you identify the funding potential.Tell us about your project
or call (+45) 61 60 75 08
We help you succeed
We help companies obtain public funding by converting good projects to well-prepared applications.
Our services cover the entire application process:
- Identifying funding opportunities
- We identifying your best funding opportunities
- Planning and scoping your project
- We plan and scope your project to meet demands
- Writing the successful application
- We write the application that increases your chance of success